Skip to main content

My Birthday

Today is my 38th birthday...it seems a non-event, I just don't feel like celebrating...my heart and those closest to me are weary, heavy and tired. How could so much happen in one month? I feel like it has been months since my last post. God is in control and I can only rest in that knowledge.

I've been asking God a lot of questions. I am tremendously sad that people are tragically hurting... relationships have been altered and will never be exactly the same again...there seems to be nothing to do but pray...all the time.

But I KNOW God was not asleep, far from it...nothing happened this past month that suprised Him...my faith in Him is not rocked, my world is chaotic but not up-side down and miraculously my misplaced faith in "man" has not crumbled (it wobbled...and has rallied as I saw God's people do some really hard things), if anything my dependence on Him is only increased and I know that I know God is Good all the Time and He is still in control.

As the congregation sang "Draw me Nearer" one Sunday morning I considered how often I sing and pray that sentiment without truly considering the "stuff" God may bring us through to do just that...draw us nearer to him.

Comments

b said…
Happy Birthday, Loretta! Sorry to have missed it! Glad to see you posting...I check in every so often. You're right - it's a scary thing to ask God to draw us nearer to Him...but so far in my life I've learned that the price we pay in tears and suffering is a small, small payment for His presence, grace, and love. Peace and love to you. B.
Anonymous said…
Happy late birthday! It does seem like so much can happen in a month, has happened in the last month. I don't know what God will do with the ingredients to this recipe, I like you only know that He is in control no matter how out of control things seem. Sorry your birthday seemed like a non-event after all, you only turn 38 once.

God's Peace,
Sondie

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Blessings, Birds and Bees

Well, yesterday was an interesting day. It came on the heels of a weekend of sickness, both Nate and Joe. Nate was officially diagnosed with croup and exacerbation of asthma and is still taking steroids and sounds worse, but the light at the end of the tunnel is on! Joe stayed in all weekend and sounded almost as bad as Nate minus the wheezing. We kept our family home (even from church, small group, etc) feeling like hermits. And, even though the boys were both sick, I picked up sweet Bella the dog on Saturday from a friend who works with the NC Lab rescue group. We know we eventually want another dog, but not until Nate is old enough to handle it. Bella, a one year old yellow lab- sheltie mix, house-broken, crate-trained 28 pound sweet girl, is going to spend a little time at our house and see how it goes. The kids think we're pet-sitting to help out Mrs. D, which is true, sort-of. The sweetest moment came yesterday when Nate gave a bedtime blessing to Bella the Dog. &qu

Overheard from the front seat of the Mini-van...

Nate: "mommy is E (a friend's son) 2 or 4? Me: "He's 2" Nate: "Well, that's not far from 4" Nate: After a moment "Mommy, How did E's Mommy get the baby sissy in her tummy" Me: "Well, it's pretty cool...God made a very special way for Mommy's and Daddy's to grow a baby in Mommies' tummies kinda like planting a seed" Nate: "Can boys have babies" Me: "No, God just gave mommies the special parts to have a baby in their tummies" Nate: "I want you to get a baby in your tummy" Me: "Well, Mommies parts don't work to have babies anymore" Nate: "Mommy, how old do I have to be to play basketball...."

Lurkers...De-Lurk!

Cute, huh? De-lurk...leave a comment on the blogs you visit and let the bloggers know you read thier stuff. I plan to!