Skip to main content

39 Things I love about him...



  1. He truly listens...he is rarely trying to form what he's going to say before you get finished talking. It causes his answers to come more slowly (which drives me crazy sometimes)--but he's truly being thoughtful about it.

  2. He loves me...unconditionally...and I'm really not sure why, cause really, I'm a mess...

  3. He doesn't mind when our house is a wreck and could care less if I ever dusted.

  4. He rarely complains about the "little stuff"

  5. He says Thank you...for all the things I really don't think he notices

  6. He works hard and rarely reminds us of it...

  7. He laughs...alot...and it always makes my heart smile...

  8. He's smart--really smart, a Master's in Mechanical Engineering w/Professional Engineering License...and it all came relatively easy from the studying I saw...he's a good "engi-nerd"

  9. He can fix anything...really! Even if it's complicated...if there is a maintenance book/repair manual...he will read it and figure out the right way to fix what's broken.

  10. He likes our kids...and I don't mean that he loves them, but he likes them...he enjoys being with them...they delight him.

  11. He loves his Momma! Do I even need to say more?

  12. He's a wonderful uncle to our niece--the only father person she's really had. He makes her feel cherished.

  13. He's always thinking and planning...

  14. His heart has been broken...

  15. His heart has been mended in a way that makes him respond differently to people who are hurting...he has much more compassion than he did before (in his 20's)...

  16. He knows his purpose in life.

  17. He's a problem solver... (sometimes in our marriage this frustrated me--but now I let him know when I just want him to listen to me rant and rave)

  18. He lets me rant and rave ;)

  19. He thinks I'm funny...usually mostly when I'm ranting and raving...

  20. He rarely gets mad at me over stupid things (like backing the car into a post, even if he has to come out in the middle of the night and work in a hospital parking lot to patch a radiator for us to get it home)

  21. He gets that "stuff", although nice, is just "stuff" and that people are the important things

  22. He'll watch chick flicks with me and sometimes will even cry ;)

  23. He believes that God is sovereign...

  24. He is not a risk taker...but rather likes the occasional adventure...

  25. He will take a risk rather than lead a predictable, unobedient life...

  26. He will admit when he is wrong...it does happen occasionally ;)

  27. He loves to work with wood...but would rather play tickle monster with the kids in the evening

  28. He is the spiritual leader in our home...prayers, devotions & singing together (off key, although he can actually sing pretty good)--the kids will remember and for now they beg for that time together...

  29. He's cute... ;) and he's Tall... ;)

  30. 19 years of stuff too tangled and woven for me to even begin to describe...

  31. He makes me laugh...and watch movies I would never watch alone

  32. He knows himself...is honest about his faults...

  33. He's accepting, loving and kind...really...in 19 years, he's maybe said 2-3 unkind things to me...ever!

  34. He likes to wait patiently while I ride roller coasters...

  35. He thinks it's good that living with me keeps him on his toes, he never knows what I'm gonna do...

  36. He lets all our friends think I'm the nice sweet one...

  37. As a SAHM, he never, ever let me feel like/say I didn't have a job...he says I have the most important job...He tells me that I am a good mom...and that our kids are blessed to have me...

  38. He likes coffee...with me...in the morning...and he's NOT a morning person y'all!

  39. He has promised to love me forever...even though he knows I'll keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over again, and that I'm not even close to perfect...cause he keeps his promises :)

Happy Birthday to the most wonderful 39 year old I know...my best friend...

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh my goodness that was the sweetest birthday gift ever! -jaf

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Blessings, Birds and Bees

Well, yesterday was an interesting day. It came on the heels of a weekend of sickness, both Nate and Joe. Nate was officially diagnosed with croup and exacerbation of asthma and is still taking steroids and sounds worse, but the light at the end of the tunnel is on! Joe stayed in all weekend and sounded almost as bad as Nate minus the wheezing. We kept our family home (even from church, small group, etc) feeling like hermits. And, even though the boys were both sick, I picked up sweet Bella the dog on Saturday from a friend who works with the NC Lab rescue group. We know we eventually want another dog, but not until Nate is old enough to handle it. Bella, a one year old yellow lab- sheltie mix, house-broken, crate-trained 28 pound sweet girl, is going to spend a little time at our house and see how it goes. The kids think we're pet-sitting to help out Mrs. D, which is true, sort-of. The sweetest moment came yesterday when Nate gave a bedtime blessing to Bella the Dog. &qu

Overheard from the front seat of the Mini-van...

Nate: "mommy is E (a friend's son) 2 or 4? Me: "He's 2" Nate: "Well, that's not far from 4" Nate: After a moment "Mommy, How did E's Mommy get the baby sissy in her tummy" Me: "Well, it's pretty cool...God made a very special way for Mommy's and Daddy's to grow a baby in Mommies' tummies kinda like planting a seed" Nate: "Can boys have babies" Me: "No, God just gave mommies the special parts to have a baby in their tummies" Nate: "I want you to get a baby in your tummy" Me: "Well, Mommies parts don't work to have babies anymore" Nate: "Mommy, how old do I have to be to play basketball...."

Lurkers...De-Lurk!

Cute, huh? De-lurk...leave a comment on the blogs you visit and let the bloggers know you read thier stuff. I plan to!