Skip to main content

Tagged..

Hubby's home. It was a long week while he was traveling to Michigan for work. The Kids and I ventured out for a perfect day at the park & lunch with Granma on Monday, cheerleading practice on Tuesday, Girlscouts on Wednesday, a slumber party with Aunt Judi on Thursday and Fun Gym (today) Friday. The rain has put a damper on our camping plans for the weekend but, Emily will now not miss her cheerleading at the first basketball game. And I might get to see the new Nicolas Sparks movie...Nights in Rodanthe...it's been a long time since "chick-flick' time has come my way...

I was tagged by Jennifer http://jenndare.blogspot.com/...

Here are the rules:

1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write six random things about yourself
3. Tag six people at the end of your blog
4. If you are tagged, just do it and pass the tag along

Six random things about me...

1. I hate it when medical drama shows get the details wrong...I get really annoyed when they allow a character to "talk" around an endotracheal tube (ventilator/respirator) or they defibrillate/shock asystole (no electrical activity...a flat line...). My husband hates it that I hate this and because I usually have a verbal attack prepared for the television in these instances... he doesn't like watching these shows with me.

2. I am saddened by the fact that our graduating high school class of 1988 is NOT having a 20-year class reunion....but, I am not sad enough to initiate/plan/organize the event myself. Joe & I are members of the same high school graduating class...and there are a few people out of our class of about 85 people I would like to see (most of them, I've stayed in touch with anyway...but think it would have been cool to have a party together).

3. I have always been scared that I would not be a good enough mom to my kids (that I'd yell/discipline them in anger)...I'm less scared about that now that I'm in the midst of mothering them...I'm not more confident in me, but I'm more confident that God is protecting them and allowing me to be what they need...and sometimes they just need to be yelled at ; )

4. I like soap operas...yeah, I know...I don't watch them now, but would really love to tune in occasionally to see how many more times Stephano comes back to life and tries to kidnap Marlena.

5. I have more uncompleted sewing projects packed up in boxes/bins than I couldn't possibly complete in this lifetime...and I probably have enough scrapbook supplies to complete albums for my children through elementary school.

6. I was adopted...but most people do not know it wasn't until 3 days after my 18th birthday...by my aunt by marriage. Up until then she had sole custody of me since I was nine. She and my uncle shared custody while they were married, beginning when I was 21 months old until they divorced when I was nine. I was looking through safety deposit box stuff recently and was reminded that I still need to order a new birth certificate from the state of TN with her name on it...

Okay...now for the tagging... (sorry I don't know how to do the links without typing them out...a lesson for later!)
Jessica http://fauszfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com
Belinda @http://upsidedownbee.blogspot.com
Sondie @ http://sondieridesagain.blogspot.com/
Candy @ http://nurturingthemuse.blogspot.com/
BJ http://stupidscholar.blogspot.com/
Jennifer Z.

Comments

Jessica said…
interesting facts about you my friend :) I can show/tell you later how to get the link w/out having to type it all out :)

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Blessings, Birds and Bees

Well, yesterday was an interesting day. It came on the heels of a weekend of sickness, both Nate and Joe. Nate was officially diagnosed with croup and exacerbation of asthma and is still taking steroids and sounds worse, but the light at the end of the tunnel is on! Joe stayed in all weekend and sounded almost as bad as Nate minus the wheezing. We kept our family home (even from church, small group, etc) feeling like hermits. And, even though the boys were both sick, I picked up sweet Bella the dog on Saturday from a friend who works with the NC Lab rescue group. We know we eventually want another dog, but not until Nate is old enough to handle it. Bella, a one year old yellow lab- sheltie mix, house-broken, crate-trained 28 pound sweet girl, is going to spend a little time at our house and see how it goes. The kids think we're pet-sitting to help out Mrs. D, which is true, sort-of. The sweetest moment came yesterday when Nate gave a bedtime blessing to Bella the Dog. &qu

Overheard from the front seat of the Mini-van...

Nate: "mommy is E (a friend's son) 2 or 4? Me: "He's 2" Nate: "Well, that's not far from 4" Nate: After a moment "Mommy, How did E's Mommy get the baby sissy in her tummy" Me: "Well, it's pretty cool...God made a very special way for Mommy's and Daddy's to grow a baby in Mommies' tummies kinda like planting a seed" Nate: "Can boys have babies" Me: "No, God just gave mommies the special parts to have a baby in their tummies" Nate: "I want you to get a baby in your tummy" Me: "Well, Mommies parts don't work to have babies anymore" Nate: "Mommy, how old do I have to be to play basketball...."

Lurkers...De-Lurk!

Cute, huh? De-lurk...leave a comment on the blogs you visit and let the bloggers know you read thier stuff. I plan to!